Adjective: certain sur-t(u)n
- Definite but not specified or identified
"set aside a certain sum each week"; "to a certain degree"; "certain breeds do not make good pets"; "certain members have not paid their dues"; "a certain popular teacher"; "a certain Mrs. Jones"
- Having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured
"felt certain of success"; "was certain she had seen it";
- Established beyond doubt or question; definitely known
"what is certain is that every effect must have a cause"; "it is certain that they were on the bus"; "his fate is certain"; "the date for the invasion is certain"
- Certain to occur; destined or inevitable
"he was certain to fail"; "his fate is certain"; "In this life nothing is certain but death and taxes"; "he faced certain death";
- Established irrevocably
"his fate is certain";
- Reliable in operation or effect
"a quick and certain remedy";
- Exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance
"be certain to disconnect the iron when you are through";
Anagrams created from the word certain