Adjective: discriminating di'skri-mu,ney-ting
- Showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste
"the discriminating eye of the connoisseur"
- Having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions
- acute, incisive, keen, knifelike, penetrating, penetrative, piercing, sharp
- Recognize or perceive the difference
- know apart
- Treat differently on the basis of factors such as sex, race, age, etc.
- separate, single out
"I could not discriminate the different tastes in this complicated dish"