Verb: dodge dój
- Make a sudden movement in a new direction so as to avoid
"The child dodged the teacher's blow"
- Move to and fro or from place to place usually in an irregular course
"the pickpocket dodged through the crowd"
- Avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
"He dodged the issue";
- hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, duck, sidestep, finesse
- An elaborate or deceitful scheme contrived to deceive or evade
- contrivance, stratagem
- A quick evasive movement
- A statement that evades the question by cleverness or trickery
- dodging, scheme
Anagrams created from the word dodge