Noun: education ,e-jû'key-sh(u)n
- The activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill
"he received no formal education";
- instruction, teaching, pedagogy, didactics, educational activity
- Knowledge acquired by learning and instruction
"it was clear that he had a very broad education"
- The gradual process of acquiring knowledge
"education is a preparation for life"; "a girl's education was less important than a boy's"
- The profession of teaching (especially at a school, college or university)
- The result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behaviour)
"a woman of education and refinement";
- training, breeding
- (education) the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students); created 1979
- Department of Education, Education Department