Adjective: generic ju'ne-rik
- Applicable to an entire class or group
"is there a generic Asian mind?"
- (biology) relating to or common to or descriptive of all members of a genus
"the generic name"
- (of drugs) not protected by trademark
"'Acetaminophen' is the generic form of the proprietary drug 'Tylenol'"
- (computing, of program code) written to operate on any data type, the type required being given as a parameter
- A wine that is a blend of several varieties of grapes with no one grape predominating; a wine that does not carry the name of any specific grape
- generic wine
- Any product that can be sold without a brand name
Anagrams created from the word generic