Noun: mercy mur-see
- Leniency and compassion shown toward offenders by a person or agency charged with administering justice
"he threw himself on the mercy of the court";
- clemency, mercifulness
- A disposition to be kind and forgiving
"in those days a wife had to depend on the mercy of her husband";
- The feeling that motivates compassion
- Something for which to be thankful
"it was a mercy we got out alive"
- Alleviation of distress; showing great kindness toward the distressed
"distributing food and clothing to the flood victims was an act of mercy"
Anagrams created from the word mercy