Noun: plume ploom
- Anything that resembles a feather in shape or lightness
"a plume of smoke"; "grass with large plumes"
- A feather or cluster of feathers worn as an ornament
- The light horny waterproof structure forming the external covering of birds
- Rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump [Brit], fleece, pluck, rob, hook
- Be proud of
"He plumes himself on making it into law school";
- pride, congratulate
- Deck with a plume
"a plumed helmet"
- Clean with one's bill
"The birds plumed";
- Form a plume
"The chimneys were pluming the sky"; "The engine was pluming black smoke"
- Dress or groom with elaborate care
"She likes to plume when going to the opera";
- preen, primp, dress
Anagrams created from the word plume